When to opt for Liposuction procedure?
You should not consider it as a single day weight loss process as it has no role in preventing heart disease or improving the overall health of an individual.
Does Liposuction help in tummy tucking?
Liposuction and tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty) are almost similar. Though in case of liposuction a smaller amount of loose belly fat can be removed which reduces the bulges and helps in overall improvement of your body contour while in tummy tuck, fat along with some amount of skin is also removed.
Can this procedure be performed along with other cosmetic procedures?
Yes, if you are planning to go for some other plastic surgeries like face lift, Breast reduction, double chin reduction, you can fix an appointment with your surgeon and get liposuction done along with other procedures.
Who is the ideal candidate for liposuction procedure?
- Patients more than 18 years of age.
- Candidates should have firm elastic skin with good muscle tone.
- They should have 30% of ideal body weight.
- should not have any history of systemic disease that can impair or delay postoperative healing.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited for liposuction candidates.
Now let’s discuss who should not undergo liposuction procedure?
- Person having excess loose saggy skin.
- People who smoke a lot.
- having a medical history of diabetes, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), high blood pressure.
- and those who are already on blood thinners, as it can increase the risk of bleeding during surgery.
Low Cost Liposuction Surgery in Bangalore
Low cost Neck Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹45,000.
Low cost Abdomen Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹80,000.
Low cost Chin Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹35,000.
Low cost Buttocks Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹58,000.
Low cost Arm Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹45,000.
Low cost Thigh Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹48,000.
Low cost Breast Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹50,000.
Low cost Love handles Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹52,000.
Low cost Knee Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹44,000.
Low cost Back Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹60,000.
Low cost Calf Liposuction in Bangalore is ₹53,000.
What are the ways through which liposuction is being done ?
- Tumescent liposuction- most common way of doing liposuction these days. In this process, a sterile solution is being injected deep under the skin. The solution includes saline, epinephrine and lidocaine which altogether helps in easier fat suction with reduced blood loss and pain. Lidocaine is the anesthetic component which helps in pain reduction during the procedure and epinephrine helps surgeons to create a bloodless operative area.
- Ultrasonic assisted liposuction- sound energy is targeted to the cell walls of fat cells through the ultrasonic probes inserted right under your skin. This helps in liquefaction of fats in your body, hence those stubborn fats can be easily suctioned out.
- Laser assisted liposuction- uses laser to liquefy fat cells .Hence it becomes easy to suction fats from the body. With laser assisted liposuction usually the procedure becomes less invasive with reduced bleeding.
What are the precautions you should take before undergoing a liposuction procedure?
- Before this cosmetic surgery, your surgeon will evaluate all the following points
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Lipid profile(cholesterol test)
- General body weight
- Urine test
- BMI (body mass index)
- MRI scan
Hence, you should be ready to undergo a lot of tests.
- Consult all your queries related to the procedure with your surgeons and clear your doubts.
- Make sure you inform all your past and present medical history to your doctor.
- If you are prone to some allergic reactions or you are taking any herbal supplements, you need to mention that too.
- If you are under any medications especially on blood thinners like aspirin, you should inform your doc and stop or adjust the dosage of those medications prior to surgery according to your physician’s advice.
- If you are anemic, you should start having iron supplements before you go for surgery.
- Women on OCP(Oral contraceptive pill) should stop taking pills before surgery.
After getting confirmation from the lab reports and medical examination that you are undergoing liposuction, your surgeon or medical personnel will clean,shave and mark the target area.
Some pre-op and post-op pictures of the target area can be taken to show you the difference after the surgery.
What kind of expectations should a patient keep from the Liposuction outcome?
Do not look for unrealistic expectations. Though liposuction is a cosmetic procedure still it’s not a treatment for obesity, stretch marks or cellulite.
How long will the effect of liposuction last?
Undoubtedly the outcome of this surgery can last permanently if you can follow some postoperative instructions including
- Avoid heavy and vigorous exercises.
- Always try to have a light meal.
What are the risks associated with liposuction?
–Risks associated during procedure
- Accidental puncture causes wounds to other internal organs.
- Burns may happen from ultrasonic probes.
- Chances of reaction after anesthesia
- Loss of fluid during surgery can cause shock.
-Risks associated with after the procedure
- Chances of getting infection.
- Fluid deposition under skin (edema)
- Bleeding under the skin(hematoma)
- Blood clot into other organs like lungs(emboli)
–Risks associated during recovery period
- Change in skin color
- Problem with getting proper shape of the body post surgery.
- Numbness in skin
- Irregular skin texture with bumpy indentations and dimple on skin of the target area.
- Scar tissue
Are there any long term side effects associated with Liposuction?
This can vary from person to person. Liposuction can permanently remove fats from the target areas of your body but even after undergoing through the procedure patients can gain weight in other areas of the body specially around deeper organs under the skin like liver or heart.
What are some immediate postoperative complications that can happen and what you need to follow to avoid the same ?
- Postoperative redness
- Disturbances in skin sensation
- Scarring around the small incision
- Bruising for 7 to 10 days.
Instructions you need to follow –
- Patients should wear compression garments at least for 1- 2 months to avoid swelling.
- They can wear support bandages at the target areas.
- Patients should be under antibiotics coverage to avoid any kind of infection.
- Try to keep the drains in place.
- Try to take ample amounts of water and do not let your body get dehydrated.
- Take rest as much as possible.
- Cut down your salt consumption as it might cause prolonged swelling or edema.
What are those pressure garments you are advised to wear post-op?
- Pressure garments are used for controlling scar tissue formation to prevent further contraction of skin.
- They help in improving the overall appearance of the surgical area during the healing process.
- Patients should wear it for at least 20 hours a day.
How much time should a patient stay in the hospital after the surgery?
This depends on the type of anesthesia the patient has undergone. If the procedure has been done under general anesthesia, the patient might have to stay overnight. If it’s under local anesthesia, the patient can leave the hospital on the same day. Make sure that someone should be there to accompany the patient after getting discharged from hospital.
Where can I get before and after surgery pictures of patients who have already undergone the procedure?
You can always ask your surgeon for the reviews of their previous patients and some pre-op and post-op pictures to get a clearer picture of the outcome. To know more you can always contact us.
What are the FAQs you should ask your surgeon after liposuction?
- What are all the medications you have to take ?
- Will there be any follow up visits ?
- For how long do those support bandages you have to wear?
- When can you resume your work and regular lifestyle?
- When can you start doing exercises?
- How to do the postoperative wound management and when the stitches will be removed?
Generally after how many days patients can start their regular activities?
Within 2 weeks patients can resume their daily lifestyle.
Benefits of Liposuction procedure:
Though it’s a cosmetic surgical procedure, it can help in following conditions too
- Gynecomastia- due to excess fat under men’s breasts.
- Lipodystrophy- due to unequal distribution of fat in various parts of our body.
- Lipoma – benign tumor of fat cells.
- Moreover it can induce confidence in those who are more concerned about their body weight and postures.
How Much fat should be reduced in liposuction surgery?
According to the recent guidelines, maximum 5000 milliliters of fat can be reduced at one surgical attempt irrespective of body weight of the patient.
What happens in case of liposuction failure?
- In that case, immediately consult your surgeon.
- Revision of liposuction can be done ,if necessary.
- Consult other nonsurgical fat reduction methods with your doc.
- Follow the diet chart that has been given by your dietician.
What is Revision liposuction?
- Revision liposuction or lipo revision is to remove the irregularities, dimple or asymmetry due to previous lipo surgery.
- If you are unhappy about your previous surgical outcome, you can always opt for it.
- It can help you to boost your confidence and allows you to embrace your body more beautifully.
What are other non surgical fat reduction methods?
If you are looking for a nonsurgical option, you can look for the following alternatives.
- Cryolipolysis- a cupped device is placed on the skin of your target area and an extreme cold temperature is being transferred to the underlying fat cells.This helps in dissolution and destruction of those stubborn fat cells.
- Laser fat reduction-a specific wavelength is transmitted to the skin of the target area by using controlled heat which further dissolves fat cells.
- Ultrasound- concentric sonic waves are targeted to the cell walls of fatty cells and as a result of that fat gets released which gets metabolized by the body, thus helps in reduction of fat deposition.
- Red light therapy- FDA approved non surgical fat reduction technique. Mostly used for double chin reduction. It creates small holes in the fat cells through which contents of fat cells get released. Hence the size of fatty tissue gets shrinked.
- Injectable treatment- a substance called deoxycholic acid helps to break down the fat cells and makes it easy for metabolism or digestion.
How to get liposuction results naturally?
You can’t get this surgical outcome naturally as this is a cosmetic procedure performed by well trained and experienced plastic surgeons. If you want to get rid of those fats resistant to diet and exercise, you have to go for liposuction.
How much does liposuction cost?
[Undergoing Liposuction procedure can cost you around fifty thousand to two lacs on average.] The cost can vary from person to person based on the following factors-
- Patient’s age
- Amount of fat be suctioned out .
- Amount of skin laxity in patients.
- Admission fee of hospitals.
- Kind of room the patient has opted for.
How to choose doctors if you want to go for a liposuction Surgery in Bangalore?
- You can go through the reviews of those who have already been through liposuction procedures in multiple medical forums and if you are worried about some negative review ,you can always consult with your doctor about the matter.
- Look for the experience of plastic surgeries and positive patient stories.
- You can also look for the success rate of liposuction done by your surgeon.
Why should you go for liposuction in Bangalore?
Along with the high quality lifestyle here in Bangalore you will get well experienced and skilled surgeons who are comfortable with the best and latest available technology. You will get personalized care by trained medical personnel . Hence it ensures shorter hospital stay and quick recovery.
Female liposuction surgeon in Bangalore
There are very few female liposuction surgeons in Bangalore. You should always choose your surgeons based on their skill and experience. Still if you need some specific information you can always contact us.
How can you avail low cost liposuction in Bangalore?
In a place like Bangalore, where a huge competition related to costs are going among the plastic surgeons as well as in hospitals, you can easily avail treatments at low cost . As cost effectiveness will increase the more patient flow, thus most of the doctors and hospitals are ready to reduce their service cost which indirectly benefits the patients.
Any botched up case of liposuction in Bangalore?
Till date no such cases have been reported as here in Bangalore, surgeons are way more skilled and experienced. But in order to avoid these kinds of cases ,you should choose your surgeon carefully.
Do you feel that the cost is way out of your budget ? Are you looking for insurance?
Liposuction surgery comes under cosmetic procedure rather than health focused. In India, the majority of health insurance coverage is for serious ailments. That’s why chances of getting coverage for the procedure is minimal. Though you can consult with your financial advisor related to the matter and explore the possibilities along with your surgeon.
Takeaway- do not consider liposuction as a lifetime solution for your obesity. Take your time, do your side of research a bit, choose your surgeon wisely and if you are confused, we are always there to help you out.