What are the types of Tummy Tuck? And how is it being done?
There are two types of Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty
- Complete abdominoplasty – in this procedure your surgeon will place an incision from one hipbone to another hipbone. After placing this incision contouring is being done according to layer by layer i.e skin, tissue, and muscle. Here your surgeon will move your belly button and place surgical drainage tubes under the skin.
- Partial/mini-abdominoplasty – this procedure is done if there is excess loose fat disposition below your navel or belly button area. here your surgeon will not move the place of the belly button area.
Who are the best candidates for undergoing tummy tuck surgery?
- Women with a history of several pregnancies with sagging or loose skin in their abdomen.
- Those people who have a history of obesity but still have a little amount of fatty tissues left in their abdomen.
- A person with protruding abdomen with loose skin.
- Those who think there is a lack of tonicity in their abdomen muscle.
- Those who have realistic expectations from the surgery.
What are the reasons for having a flabby tummy?
- Multiple pregnancies
- Rapid weight lose
- Advancing age
Low cost Tummy Tuck in Bangalore
Low cost Abdominoplasty in Bangalore ₹100,000.
Low cost Standard Tummy Tuck in Bangalore ₹115,000.
Low cost Extended Tummy Tuck in Bangalore ₹110,000.
Low cost Panniculectomy in Bangalore ₹125,000.
Low cost Reverse Tummy Tuck in Bangalore ₹120,000.
Low cost Mini Tummy Tuck in Bangalore ₹85,000.
Is abdominoplasty/tummy tuck surgery is for both men and women?
Yes, persons having the above-mentioned characteristics can undergo Tummy Tuck surgery irrespective of their gender.
Now let’s discuss who are not good candidates for Tummy Tuck surgery?
- If you are planning for pregnancy in the near future then you should postpone the abdominoplasty . After surgery, the vertical muscle of your abdomen will be tightened and pregnancy can loosen these muscles. That’s why you should go for a surgical procedure after having a child.
- People who are having unrealistic expectations from the surgery
- People who have not tried diet and exercises for weight loss in the first place and are considering tummy tuck surgery as a one-day alternative option for weight loss.
- People who smoke a lot.
- having a medical history of diabetes, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), high blood pressure.
- and those who are already on blood thinners, as it can increase the risk of bleeding during surgery.
Does this surgery cause scarring?
If you are concerned about post-operative scarring you should consult with your surgeon regarding this before the surgery and you can opt for a partial or mini-abdominoplasty. This scarring can depend on the length and position of the incision in your abdomen and the amount of saggy skin to be removed. Tummy tuck surgical procedures can leave scars after the surgery though they might fade after a few months.
Your doctor can provide you with the options which will be suitable for you during consultation. Your surgeon can prescribe you ointments months after complete healing of the area.
What are the things to keep ready in your home prior to the surgery?
- Ice pack
- Phone within your reach
- Petroleum jelly
- One bathroom chair
- Handheld shower cap
- Loose and Comfortable clothes for wearing after surgery
What is the duration of abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck surgery?
It will take around 1 to 5 hours depending on the case who might have to stay overnight in hospital if necessary.
What is the complication you might face after the surgery?
- Soreness in the operated area
- Swelling around the area
- Numbness or lack of sensation in the operated area
What are the tests you should go for before undergoing a tummy tuck procedure?
- Before this cosmetic surgery, your surgeon will evaluate all the following points
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Lipid profile(cholesterol test)
- General body weight
- Urine test
- BMI (body mass index)
- MRI scan
Hence, you should be ready to undergo a lot of tests.
After getting confirmation from the lab reports and medical examination that you are undergoing liposuction, your surgeon or medical personnel will clean, shave and mark the target area.
Some pre-op and post-op pictures of the target area can be taken to show you the difference after the surgery.
What are the FAQs you should ask your surgeon about after a tummy tuck procedure?
- What are all the medications you have to take?
- Will there be any follow-up visits?
- For how long do those pressure garments you have to wear?
- When can you resume your work and regular lifestyle?
- When can you start doing exercises?
- How to do the postoperative wound management and when the stitches will be removed?
What are those pressure garments you are advised to wear post-op?
- Pressure garments are used for controlling scar tissue formation to prevent further contraction of the skin.
- They help in improving the overall appearance of the surgical area during the healing process.
Where can I get before and after surgery pictures of patients who have already undergone the procedure?
You can always ask your surgeon for the reviews of their previous patients and some pre-op and post-op pictures to get a clearer picture of the outcome. To know more you can always contact us.
How much time should a patient stay in the hospital after the surgery?
Mostly in the case of tummy tuck surgery, it’s being done under general anesthesia, the patient can not leave the hospital on the same day. In that case, you might have to stay overnight. Make sure that someone should be there to accompany the patient after getting discharged from the hospital.
What are the precautions you should take before undergoing a tummy tuck procedure or Abdominoplasty surgery?
- Consult all your queries related to the procedure with your surgeons and clear your doubts.
- Make sure you inform all your past and present medical history to your doctor.
- If you are prone to some allergic reactions or you are taking any herbal supplements, you need to mention that too.
- If you are under any medications especially on blood thinners like aspirin, you should inform your doc and stop or adjust the dosage of those medications prior to surgery according to your physician’s advice.
- Do not eat or drink anything 6 hours prior to surgery.
- Always wear comfortable clothes before surgery.
- Do not take any kind of medications on your own.
- Do not keep yourself on a strict diet prior to the surgery and try to have a balanced healthy meal. It will help you in postoperative quick recovery.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited before and after the surgery for fast wound healing.
If you are a frequent smoker, you should inform your surgeon. Quit smoking at least 14 days prior to the surgery.
What are the steps of tummy tuck surgical procedure or Abdominoplasty?
If you are allergic to any anesthetic solution, inform your doc prior to surgery.
- Anesthesia- You won’t feel any pain when you go for this surgical procedure if you will be under anesthesia. It can be general anesthesia or intravenous sedation through those IV channels in your hand. Your doc can suggest the best for you in this case.
- Incision- For the tummy tuck procedure horizontal incision is placed from one hip bone to another, at the area between your belly button and pubic hairline.
- Length of incision can be determined based on the excess amount of loose or saggy skin to be removed.
- After placing the incision and lifting the abdominal skin, your surgeon will repair those weakened abdominal muscles.
- If you are going for a complete abdominoplasty, your surgeon might place another incision around the navel area along with the first incision to remove the excess skin in the upper abdomen.
- Closing the incision- sutures, skin adhesive tapes are used.
What are some immediate postoperative complications that can happen and what do you need to follow to avoid the same?
- Postoperative redness
- Disturbances in skin sensation or numbness
- Scarring along the incision
- Bruising for 7 to 10 days.
Instructions you need to follow –
- Patients should wear compression garments at least for 1- 2 months to avoid swelling.
- They can wear firm and elastic support bandages at the target area during the healing period.
- Patients should be under antibiotics coverage to avoid any kind of infection.
- Try to keep the drains in place.
- Try to take ample amounts of water and do not let your body get dehydrated.
- Take rest as much as possible.
- Your surgeon will tell you some sitting and lying postures to reduce the pain during the healing period.
Generally after how many days patients can start their regular activities?
After 6 months to one year patients should take work off. Have patience as we can understand for you it is a physical, emotional, and financial investment, you will get to see noticeable changes after a few months before. Avoid any kind of strenuous physical activities, excessive cardio, or weight lifting for a few months. You can resume it after consulting your doc.
What precautions need to be followed after surgery?
- During the healing period, small dressings should be done in the surgical area.
- To avoid any kind of post-operative swelling, always wear pressure garments.
- Take all the medications like antibiotics, painkillers according to your surgeon’s prescription.
- Don’t miss any follow-up visits.
- Suture removal at the surgical area should be done after 14-16 days after surgery.
- Avoid driving for 24 hours right after your surgery.
Is undergoing tummy tuck surgery a permanent solution for extra fatty tissues in the abdomen?
As in most cases of a tummy tuck, fatty tissues and extra loose skin of the abdomen are completely removed, so there are lesser chances of recurrences. You will experience appreciable changes within a few weeks after surgery. Along with this, you should maintain postoperative instructions given by your doc to maintain your new look.
Can you get the results of tummy tuck surgery naturally by doing exercises?
Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgical procedure and do not think of tummy tuck as a shortcut process to get rid of those extra saggy skin in your abdomen.
How to choose doctors if you want to go for a Tummy Tuck surgical procedure?
- You can go through the reviews of those who have already been through tummy tuck procedures in multiple medical forums and if you are worried about some negative review, you can always consult with your doctor about the matter.
- Look for the experience of plastic surgeries and positive patient stories.
- You can also look for the success rate of the surgeries done by your surgeon.
Who are the best doctors for performing abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgical procedures?
Well-experienced and board-certified plastic surgeons and well-trained dermatologists can perform the procedure. And make sure to check the accreditation of the hospital or the doctor’s office from where you are going to get your tummy tuck done.
And to help you with that, we are here. Please feel free to contact us. To know more, just keep scrolling
Why should you go for a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty surgery in Bangalore?
Along with the high-quality lifestyle here in Bangalore, you will get well-experienced and skilled surgeons who are comfortable with the best and latest available technology. You will get personalized care from trained medical personnel. Hence it ensures minimal hospital stay and quick recovery.
How can you avail of low-cost tummy tuck surgery?
In a place like Bangalore, where a huge competition related to costs is going among the plastic surgeons as well as in hospitals, you can easily avail of treatments at a low cost. As cost-effectiveness will increase the more patient flow, thus most of the doctors and hospitals are ready to reduce their service cost which indirectly benefits the patients.
Any botched-up cases of tummy tuck procedures in Bangalore?
To date no such cases have been reported as here in Bangalore, surgeons are way more skilled and experienced. But in order to avoid these kinds of cases, you should choose your surgeon carefully.
Do you feel that the cost is way out of your budget ? Are you looking for insurance?
Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery comes under cosmetic procedures rather than health focused. In India, the majority of health insurance coverage is for serious ailments. That’s why the chances of getting coverage for the procedure are minimal. Though you can consult with your financial advisor related to the matter and explore the possibilities along with your surgeon. Though nowadays EMI facilities are available in some financial agencies. If you have to go for this surgical procedure because of some medical reasons like hernia, you can always ask your doctor to write one letter to your insurer describing the importance of this surgery on your health. If your insurance company provides coverage also, it will bear a partial amount of its budget. So make sure you read the details and go for it. Even if your insurance company bears it now, you might have to pay a higher premium for later.
Takeaway- don’t think of abdominoplasty or tummy tuck procedure as a cosmetic procedure as apart from that it can boost your confidence to another level. Now you can easily try those skinny jeans or fashionable dresses. So take your time, do your side of research a bit, choose your surgeon wisely, and if you are confused, we are always there to help you out.