What are the different types of Gynecomastia?
- Primary Gynecomastia- this can happen during puberty due to hormonal imbalance i.e estrogen hormone surge over testosterone.
- Secondary Gynecomastia- this can happen when you gain those extra pounds.
Secondary gynecomastia can is also called pseudogynecomastia.
Is gynecomastia treatable or not?
You can easily get rid of those rounded breasts, love handles around your chest and those creases due to excess fatty tissue around your nipple and get a normal masculine chest ,straight silhouette with absolutely no crease with the help of gynecomastia surgery or male breast reduction surgery. It can be done in two ways.
- Liposuction- with the help of Ultrasound liposuction and power driven liposuction removal of those breast tissues can be done easily.
- Gland incision- in this procedure breast glands are also removed to avoid any chances of recurrence after surgery.
Why does Gynecomastia happen?
- Due to hormonal disturbances during puberty
- Hereditary patterns
- Due to intake of anabolic steroids in Bodybuilders
- Due to drug abuse like marijuana.
Low cost Gynecomastia in Bangalore
Low cost Gynecomastia Grade 1 surgery in Bangalore ₹45,000.
Low cost Gynecomastia Grade 2a surgery in Bangalore ₹55,000.
Low cost Gynecomastia Grade 2b surgery in Bangalore ₹65,000.
Low cost Gynecomastia Grade 3 surgery in Bangalore ₹72,000.
Low cost Gynecomastia Grade 4 surgery in Bangalore ₹78,000.
Who are the ideal candidates for Gynecomastia surgery or male breast reduction surgery?
- Young patients with good skin elasticity.
- Physically fit individuals.
- Non drug abusers.
- Persons who are suffering from gynecomastia and want to improve their overall physical appearance.
- Adults whose breast development has already been stabilized.
- They should have 30% of ideal body weight.
- should not have any history of systemic disease that can impair or delay postoperative healing.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited for these candidates.
Now let’s discuss who should not undergo Gynecomastia surgical procedure?
- Person having excess loose saggy skin.
- People who smoke a lot.
- having a medical history of diabetes, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), high blood pressure.
- and those who are already on blood thinners, as it can increase the risk of bleeding during surgery.
What are the precautions you should take before undergoing gynecomastia surgery?
- Consult all your queries related to the procedure with your surgeons and clear your doubts.
- Make sure you inform all your past and present medical history to your doctor.
- If you are prone to some allergic reactions or you are taking any herbal supplements, you need to mention that too.
- If you are under any medications especially on blood thinners like aspirin, you should inform your doc and stop or adjust the dosage of those medications prior to surgery according to your physician’s advice.
- Do not eat or drink anything 6 hours prior to surgery.
- Chest and underarm area should be shaved before surgery.
- Always wear comfortable clothes before surgery.
After getting confirmation from the lab reports and medical examination that you are undergoing Gynecomastia surgery your surgeon or medical personnel will clean, shave and mark the target area.
Some pre-op and post-op pictures of the target area can be taken to show you the difference after the surgery.
What kind of expectations should a patient keep from the treatment outcome?
Do not look for unrealistic expectations.
You should discuss your expectations with your doc prior to the surgery. You should also mention the reason why you want to go for male breast reduction surgery, so that your surgeon can get a clearer picture of your expectations.
What are the FAQs you should ask your surgeon after gynecomastia surgery?
- What are all the medications you have to take ?
- Will there be any follow up visits ?
- For how long do those pressure garments you have to wear?
- When can you resume your work and regular lifestyle?
- When can you start doing exercises?
- How to do the postoperative wound management and when the stitches will be removed?
Where can I get before and after surgery pictures of patients who have already undergone the procedure?
You can always ask your surgeon for the reviews of their previous patients and some pre-op and post-op pictures to get a clearer picture of the outcome. To know more you can always contact us.
How to know that you are having gynecomastia or breast cancer?
Though breast cancer among men is comparatively lesser than females. To determine that in your initial days ,you should go for self examination if necessary.
- If the swelling is palpable
- Mostly unilateral or one sided breast has affected
- Swelling is fixed to the underlying tissue
- Firm in consistency and
- Enlarged lymph nodes in the area around the nipples, you should visit your doctor for thorough evaluation and check up.
What are those pressure garments you are advised to wear post-op?
- Pressure garments are used for controlling scar tissue formation to prevent further contraction of skin.
- They help in improving the overall appearance of the surgical area during the healing process.
How much time should a patient stay in the hospital after the surgery?
Mostly in case of male breast reduction surgery, it’s being done under local anesthesia, the patient can leave the hospital on the same day. Make sure that someone should be there to accompany the patient after getting discharged from hospital.
How to choose doctors if you want to go for gynecomastia surgical procedure?
- You can go through the reviews of those who have already been through gynecomastia procedures in multiple medical forums and if you are worried about some negative review ,you can always consult with your doctor about the matter.
- Look for the experience of plastic surgeries and positive patient stories.
- You can also look for the success rate of the surgeries done by your surgeon.
Who are the best doctors for performing Gynecomastia surgical procedures?
Well experienced and board certified plastic surgeons and well trained dermatologists can perform the procedure. And make sure to check the accreditation of the hospital or the doctor’s office from where you are going to get the liposuction surgery done.
And to help you in that , we are here. Please feel free to contact us. To know more, just keep scrolling.
How much time does a Gynecomastia surgical procedure take?
The complete procedure is a one time treatment. Gynecomastia surgery would take around two hours. After three to four hours of surgery the patient can go home. He should accompany one responsible person.
What are the steps of Gynecomastia surgery?
- Preoperative surgical planning should be done by your medical personnel.
- Marking of chest muscles (pectoralis muscle) around the nipple can be done.
- Administration of local anesthesia is done
- Along with anesthetic, light sedation is also needed.
- Tumescent liposuction solution is injected at the target area. To know more about this ,you can visit our previous article about liposuction by clicking on the link mentioned here…….
- In Gland Incision procedure removal of glandular tissues around the nipples can be done to avoid further recurrences after surgery.
- Fatty tissues of male breasts are removed by VASER liposuction.
Generally after how many days patients can start their regular activities?
Within 1-2 days patients can resume their daily lifestyle. You can start exercising after 1-2 weeks of surgery.
What precautions need to be followed after surgery?
- During the healing period, small dressings should be done at the surgical area.
- To avoid any kind of post operative swelling ,always wear pressure garments.
- Take all the medications like antibiotics ,painkillers according to your surgeon’s prescription.
- Don’t miss any follow up visits.
- Suture removal at the surgical area should be done after 14-16 days after surgery.
- Avoid driving for 24 hours right after your surgery.
Is undergoing gynecomastia surgery a permanent solution for those male breasts?
As in most of the cases of gynecomastia surgery fatty tissues of male breasts are completely removed, so there are lesser chances of recurrences. Along with this you should maintain postoperative instructions given by your doc.
Can you get the results of gynecomastia surgery in a natural way by doing exercises?
Do not think of exercise as a short cut process in order to get rid of those extra flabby tissues in your chest.
Will scar tissue be permanent in gynecomastia surgical procedures?
Post operative scarring is very minimal in this procedure as those scar tissues will blend with the skin surrounding the nipple-areolar area.
Can the results be visible right after gynecomastia surgery?
Usually the surgical outcome will be visible after 10 days of surgery and the results are long lasting.
Why should you go for gynecomastia surgery in Bangalore?
Along with the high quality lifestyle here in Bangalore you will get well experienced and skilled surgeons who are comfortable with the best and latest available technology. You will get personalized care by trained medical personnel . Hence it ensures minimal hospital stay and quick recovery.
How can you avail low cost gynecomastia surgery?
In a place like Bangalore, where a huge competition related to costs are going among the plastic surgeons as well as in hospitals, you can easily avail treatments at low cost . As cost effectiveness will increase the more patient flow, thus most of the doctors and hospitals are ready to reduce their service cost which indirectly benefits the patients.
Any botched up case of gynecomastia surgery in Bangalore?
Till date no such cases have been reported as here in Bangalore, surgeons are way more skilled and experienced. But in order to avoid these kinds of cases ,you should choose your surgeon carefully.
Do you feel that the cost is way out of your budget ? Are you looking for insurance?
Gynecomastia surgery or male breast reduction surgery comes under cosmetic procedure rather than health focused. In India, the majority of health insurance coverage is for serious ailments. That’s why chances of getting coverage for the procedure is minimal. Though you can consult with your financial advisor related to the matter and explore the possibilities along with your surgeon. Though nowadays EMI facilities are available in some financial agencies.
Takeaway- don’t think of gynecomastia surgical procedure as a cosmetic procedure as apart from that it can help you to beat psychological trauma and boost your confidence to another level. Now you can easily stand out in those social gatherings without any hesitation. So take your time, do your side of research a bit, choose your surgeon wisely and if you are confused, we are always there to help you out.