What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, tooth-coloured shell-like structure that is attached to the front surface of teeth. These are used to treat the chipped or broken, attired or worn off teeth and to treat the discolored teeth as well. This can be considered as part of cosmetic dentistry or a ‘smile makeover’. Mostly it is done for esthetic purposes and to create a symmetrical, even, bright and beautiful smile.
What are the types of Dental Veneers?
- Porcelain dental veneers – these are esthetic, long-lasting, and biocompatible to tooth structures i.e. they won’t cause any harm or injury to the gum tissue. It mimics the natural tooth structure also.
- Composite dental veneers are made up of resin material though this will not last much longer. As they get stained easily over some time, thus they are not considered a permanent solution.
Average Dental Veneers Cost in Turkey?
|Dental Veneers in Turkey
||Cost in USD
Dental Veneers cost in Istanbul $380.
Dental Veneers cost in Antalya $360.
Dental Veneers cost in Ankara $350.
Dental Veneers cost in Izmir $350.
Why should you consider Turkey as an option for getting your dental veneers done?
In Turkey, you will get quality treatment assured by a knowledgeable and experienced practitioner with an affordable budget. In addition, in Turkey, dental labs are equipped with advanced, modern technology and the latest imaging techniques.
You can easily decide about your treatment as Turkish doctors and medical personnel will assist you. You can ask all your queries related to the dental procedure.
Additionally, you will find more than enough reasons to occupy your time during your visit to TURKEY, which will help you to recuperate once your treatment is over.
Who are the best candidates for getting dental veneer treatment?
The patients who are not satisfied with their smile and want to get a beautifully symmetrical and even smile at an affordable cost from well-skilled, experienced dentists from Turkey.
- The patients who have gaps between two teeth.
- Discolouration that can not be fixed with teeth whitening or bleaching.
- In case of chipped, broken, or crooked teeth.
What are the places where you can go for veneer dental treatment in Turkey?
Why choose Turkey over other countries for dental treatments?
As Turkey is having a fair share of history along with its diverse landscape, you will find almost all the trappings for a great holiday. In Turkey, more than enough reasons exist to occupy your time and recuperate after the treatment. Patients from all over the world like the UK, Germany, France, the USA, and the Middle East are also coming for dental treatments in Turkey these days as it has become a viable option for dental tourism.
In Turkey, you will receive treatment quality assurance from board-certified and experienced practitioners. And even if you are considering the cost factor, Turkey is a good option. Moreover, in case of accommodation and transportation also, you will stay ahead if you have opted for Turkey.
How much time will these dental veneers last?
According to experienced dentists, these veneers will last for at least 10 years or so, depending on the type of veneers you choose and also based on the maintenance of the veneers.
How is patient preparation done before the procedure in Turkey?
In Turkey, the dental personnel along with the dentists will guide you and your family in every step to make an informed decision about the treatment procedure.
- At the first appointment, you will have a consultation with your dentist to discuss all the treatment options available and which one will be best for you.
- Your dentist will also tell you how many veneers you need to place.
- If your teeth are crooked or rotated, you might have to go for braces treatment before having those veneers.
- If you have carious teeth or gum infection, you can’t have those veneers.
- Your dentist will take a full mouth x-ray to evaluate your oral health.
- In the next visit, your dentist will trim down your teeth a bit( almost half-millimeter of the total thickness of your tooth)
- After the trimming, your dentist will take the impression of your trimmed teeth and send them off to a dental lab.
Is CAD-CAM available in Turkey?
In Turkey, dental labs are equipped with the latest technology. They have a CAD-CAM machine that can help in the 3D scanning of your teeth and can process all the veneers with different sizes and high precision. Your Turkish surgeon can prepare your teeth, take the measurement in the morning, and finish it by evening.
But if you opt for full mouth veneering, it will take 2-3 days extra along with that.
How much time will it take to get the veneers in Turkey?
Having those veneers with you will take almost five continuous working days.
- At the first appointment, your Turkish dentist will go for a consultation and documentation of your teeth and will tell you which veneering option will be good for you.
- After that, you will have an appointment scheduled with your dentist and he/she will start shaving down the teeth as required.
- After 3 hours, you will get your temporary crowns.
- Then the lab will start preparing the new veneer.
- After 2 days, your dentist will get the permanent set of veneers and will start the trial process on your teeth.
- Now he/she will check the proper fit, shape and evaluate it to make sure that they will look good on you.
- On the 5th day, you will get a new smile with properly finished veneer
So, if you are getting your veneering done from Turkey, you should make a plan for at least 5 days.
But if you are going for full mouth veneering, you should plan for staying 2-3 days extra in Turkey.
How will your dentist fix a dental veneer after getting it from the lab?
- Your dentist will use the dental cement to fix the veneer and tooth.
- After this, your dentist will use the UV light to harden the dental cement and you will be ready to go to have a new smile.
What after-care instructions must you follow after getting your veneer done from Turkey?
- There is no such recovery period for veneers
- You should not chew on hard food substances.
- Avoid chewing any hard things like pens, ice cubes.
- After the anesthesia effect wears off, avoid chewing on your lips, cheeks, or on the tongue.
- You might feel a bit of roughness from the extra cement that adheres to the veneer or your teeth structure. Your dentist can smoothen them out if you ask for it.
- You can start having normal food and brushing from the very next day.
- do not clench your teeth at night if you have the habit of grinding your teeth. You can wear a splint or bite guard to protect your veneers.
- Avoid contact sports. If you want, you can use a mouthguard.
- Try to have soft foods at least for a day or two, right after the veneer.
What kind of foods can you have right after undergoing dental veneering?
Avoid eating hard and hot foods or liquids for a few weeks and try to take soft and cold foods as hard food can irritate that area. You can have
- Mashed potato
- Soft cheese
- Ice cream
- Soft bread with scrambled egg
- Cold condensed milk
What questions should you ask your surgeon if you get your veneers done in Turkey?
Before undergoing the procedure, you should always do your research a bit.
- You can look for review of previous patients and positive patient stories on the clinic’s website.
- You can ask your concerned doc if they are concentrating more on cosmetic dentistry, as veneering will be more of an anaesthetic procedure.
- You should ask whether an English translator will be available in Turkey as miscommunication can lead to the wrong treatment procedures.
- You can always check for the qualification and experience of your surgeon and we can help you with that.
- You should not hesitate to ask if you have any queries related to the procedure.
How to choose doctors in Turkey if you want to go for a treatment procedure for VENEERING?
You can go through the reviews of those who have already been through veneer treatment procedures in multiple medical forums and if you are worried about some negative review, you can always consult with your doctor about the matter.
- Look for the experience of dental surgeons and positive patient stories.
- You can also look for the success rate of veneering done by your surgeon.
- You can always ask your Turkish dental surgeon about any smile simulation they can provide before the procedure. You can also ask for the pre and post-procedure pictures of previous cases treated by your Turkish surgeon.
That’s how you can make an informed decision and be assured with the dental surgeon you are considering.
Who are the best doctors for performing veneering in Turkey?
Well-experienced and board-certified general dental surgeons, prosthodontists, and dentists certified in cosmetic dentistry can perform the procedure. And make sure to check the accreditation of the hospital or the dental office from where you are getting your veneering procedure done.
Any botched-up cases of veneering treatment in TURKEY?
To date, no such cases have been reported here in Turkey, as dentists are way more skilled and experienced. But to avoid these kinds of cases, you should choose your surgeon carefully.
Can you get any insurance or compensation for any botched-up cases?
Generally, any kind of botched-up case is very much unlike to happen in Turkey. Botched-up cases will be considered under medical negligence. You don’t have to invest more money to rectify the problem as you can report these cases under the medical law in Turkey and they will help you out in these cases.
Do you feel that the cost is way out of your budget? Are you looking for insurance?
In general, dental insurance has not recently covered dental treatments. You can consult with your financial advisor related to the matter and explore the possibilities along with your dental surgeon. Though nowadays EMI facilities are available in some financial agencies. Even after that, you are feeling it’s difficult for you to avail yourself of the insurance, you can always ask your doctor to write one letter to your insurer describing the importance of this surgery on your mental health as well in your life.
TAKEAWAY- even after going through this blog, you are confused about the next step and don’t know whether to go for the dental VENEERS or not you can always reach us. We are always there to help you out!!!