Average Root Canal Treatment cost in Turkey?
|Root Canal Treatment in Turkey
|Cost in USD
Root Canal Treatment cost in Istanbul $700.
Root Canal Treatment cost in Antalya $750.
Root Canal Treatment cost in Ankara $750.
Root Canal Treatment cost in Izmir $800.
What is a root canal?
The root canal is a dental procedure in which your dentist will remove the innermost soft portion of the tooth i.e. called the pulp. It consists of blood vessels, nerve fibers, and connective tissue.
When is it necessary to go for a root canal treatment?
- Due to any previous injury to your teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Deep dental decay due to untreated dental caries.
What are the most common symptoms you might have if you have damaged pulp?
The symptoms of damaged pulp will include pain in and around the tooth, swelling, and the feeling of heat in the gum. Your dentist will suggest you go for an x-ray. If your doc finds out that the decay has involved the pulp, he/she might advise you for a root canal treatment.
What is to be done in root canal treatment?
- The procedure will be done under local anesthesia. Your dentist will numb the area before performing the procedure. It is preferred to get a thorough cleaning done on your decayed teeth.
- Necrotic or diseased pulp tissue can be removed in a root canal procedure by using some root canal instruments called files and reamers.
- In between the process, irrigation with saline is necessary.
- Once the pulp has been removed completely and the canal space has been irrigated properly, your dentist will keep the topical antibiotics in the canal space to make sure that the canals are disinfected. After that, your dentist will apply a sealer coating and gutta-percha filling inside the teeth. Your dentist might prescribe you oral antibiotics too to prevent the spread beyond the treated tooth if necessary along with the treatment.
- Finally, your dentist will close the small opening with the filling material.
- But there might be some modifications with these steps based on the pattern of cases. If the patient is having a severely decayed or long-standing infection, your doc might leave the cavity open for several days to drain.
What are the restoration options available in turkey after getting your root canal done?
- Post and metal pins can be placed or inserted into the canal that can give additional support to the entire crown structure.
- Crown can also be given onto the root canal-treated tooth. The material of the crown can be metal, porcelain fused to metal, or a complete ceramic crown.
How long will the root canal treatment last?
It can last for an indefinite period of time if you take proper oral hygiene and maintain this on a regular basis.
Is undergoing root canal treatment painful?
Your dental surgeon will apply local anesthesia in the form of injection. If you are sensitive to needles, you can always let your dentist know about your dental phobia. Your doc will help you in getting needleless anesthesia. As you will be under the effect of local anesthesia, you will not feel any pain. A very mild pain you can feel for a few weeks after starting the treatment. The patient should not poke around the root canal-treated tooth with their tongue as it might leave the treated area exposed.
- ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IN BRIEF: this is considered the last step to save your decayed teeth. If caries involve the innermost layer of your tooth (pulp), your dentist might suggest you go for root canal treatment.
- In this procedure all the infected nerves, blood vessels, and pulp tissue will be removed from the teeth and medication will be kept inside the canal of the roots if necessary. Finally, the pulp will be replaced by a filling or restorative material.
What are the options for dealing with the pain till you get your dentist’s appointment in Turkey?
Your medical personnel will guide you throughout the process of getting the treatment in Turkey. They will help you from the minute before you come to Turkey. You can arrange teleconsultation with your Turkish doctor. Your doc will prescribe you some pain relievers based on your clinical details. You can also ask if you can take OTC (over-the-counter) anesthetic gel if necessary.
Why choose Turkey over other countries for dental treatments?
As Turkey is having a fair share of history along with its diverse landscape, you will find almost all the trappings for a great holiday. In Turkey, more than enough reasons are there to occupy your time and to recuperate after the treatment. Patients from all over the world like the UK, Germany, France, the USA, and the Middle East are also coming for dental treatments in Turkey these days as it has become a viable option for dental tourism.
In Turkey, you will receive treatment quality assurance from qualified and experienced practitioners. And even if you are thinking about the cost factor, Turkey is a good option for that too. Moreover in case of accommodation and transportation also, you will stay ahead if you have opted for Turkey.
What are the places where you can go for root canal therapy in turkey?
Among these Ankara and Eskisehir are the popular places in Turkey to go for root canal therapy. Ankara, being Turkey’s capital and second biggest city in the whole of Turkey will provide you with all the charms you need to enjoy in Turkey. Istanbul is also considered one of the best options for root canal procedures due to its extensive section and availability of high-caliber medical and dental equipment related to dental anesthesia.
What are the prices of root canal therapy in Turkey?
The cost of any surgery can depend on various factors. It might depend on the available equipment like looped microscope with higher magnification performing the restorative treatment or it can also vary based on the experience of your dental surgeon or the root canal specialist. Mostly it depends on the extent of work that needs to be done in your mouth. After a thorough consultation, your surgeon will estimate a price based on your oral hygiene.
How to choose doctors in Turkey if you want to go for a treatment procedure for root canal treatment procedure?
You can go through the reviews of those who have already been through gum disease treatment procedures in multiple medical forums and if you are worried about some negative review, you can always consult with your doctor about the matter.
- Look for the experience of dental surgeons and positive patient stories.
- You can also look for the success rate of root canal treatments done by your dentists.
Who are the best doctors for performing root canal treatment in turkey?
Well-experienced and board-certified general dental surgeons along with endodontists or root canal specialists can perform the procedure. And make sure to check the accreditation of the hospital or the dental office from where you are getting your root canal treatment done.
Can you get insurance or compensation for any botched-up cases in Turkey?
Generally, any kind of botched-up case is very unlikely to happen in Turkey. Botched-up cases will be considered under medical negligence. You don’t have to invest more money to rectify the problem as you can report these cases under the medical law in Turkey and they will help you out in these cases.
Do you feel that the cost is way out of your budget? Are you looking for insurance?
In general, dental treatments are not covered by dental insurance in recent times. You can consult with your financial advisor related to the matter and explore the possibilities along with your dental surgeon. Though nowadays EMI facilities are available in some financial agencies. Even after that, you are feeling it’s difficult for you to avail yourself of the insurance, you can always ask your doctor to write one letter to your insurer describing the importance of this surgery on your overall health as well in your life.
Even after going through this article, if you are confused about going through the root canal treatment in Turkey, you can ask your queries through the online chat option on the toll-free number. We will always be happy to be there with you.