Tummy tuck Surgery in Lagos
Tummy tuck is a procedure to remove the excess sagging abdominal skin along with tightening of the abdominal wall muscles to restore the tone. During a tummy tuck, excess skin and fat are removed from the abdomen. In most cases, the connective tissues in the abdomen are tightened with sutures as well. The remaining skin is then repositioned to create a more toned look.
Women in the late thirties after pregnancy can have loose skin and excess of fat in the lower abdomen that fails to retract to its pre-pregnancy appearance. In males the abdominal fat is intra-abdominal though selective candidates with excess skin can be suitable for external reduction. Sometimes, after substantial weight loss the abdominal skin may become flaccid.
Abdominoplasty also tightens the muscles that have been separated and weakened by pregnancy giving patient more youthful appearance, strength and confidence. The procedure may somewhat improve the appearance of stretch marks, especially those located below the navel (typically seen following pregnancy).
When do you need tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck helps in conditions enumerated below
- Excess or sagging abdominal skin
- Abdomen that protrudes and is out of proportion to the rest of your body
- Gross laxity and separation of abdominal muscles
- Excess fatty tissue that is concentrated in your abdomen
This operation is helpful especially for
- Women with lax abdominal skin after pregnancy
- Abdominal laxity due to aging
- Laxity after excessive weight loss or following bariatric surgery
A combination liposuction and tummy tuck may be necessary for those with excessive fat with extra skin laxity.