Hymenoplasty or hymen reconstruction surgery is the temporary surgical restoration of the hymen. Hymenoplasty involves repairing and reconstructing the hymen, or the thin, elastic membrane which naturally covers a part of the vaginal aperture. The hymen usually tears and can bleed with a woman’s first sexual encounter, as well as with the insertion of a tampon or strenuous exercises.
Hymenoplasty, hymenorrhaphy or hymen repair, is a treatment for torn hymen. Repair of a torn hymen may be performed for a variety of personal reasons, religious or cultural compliances
- A new hymen is reconstructed by carefully sowing together the remnant hymenal tissue using dissolvable stitches in order to facilitate the curative process and achieve a credible aesthetic result.
- The duration of the hymenoplasty procedure may vary between 30 and 45 minutes and requires a resting period of 1 to 2 days.
- As the procedure involves very little stress to the patient’s body, it is quite a consideHymenoplasty Surgeryrable option to go for.
- The basic requirements needed in order to be viewed as a viable candidate for hymen reconstruction surgery are that the patient is a healthy woman who has a ruptured hymen
and does not suffer from a heart ailment or diabetes.
Good Hymenoplasty Candidates
- Women who are seeking the procedure for ethnic or cultural reasons, without duress.
- Women who are in good health
- Women who lost their virginity to sexual intercourse.
- Women with a ruptured hymen due to sports activity, injury, accident, use of tampons.
- Women with 10 days to one month before marriage, to allow hymen repair to heal fully before sexual intercourse.
- Women who have not gone through childbirth
Benefits of Hymenoplasty
- Tightens up the hymen.
- When the hymen is repaired, the woman will be able to feel more fullness during sexual intercourse.
- Higher possibility of woman achieving an orgasm during sexual intercourse.
- Restores a woman’s virginity before marriage for religious and cultural reasons.
- Hymenoplasty protects the vagina from dirt, germs and bacteria.
- Enhances sexual pleasure.
- If hymen was ruptured due to non-sexual activity, hymen repair can restore the hymen to its virginal state.
- Procedure is quick and painless.
What are the alternatives to the treatment?
There are a couple of other alternatives to hymenoplasty such as –
Laser vaginal rejuvenation – In this procedure, laser beams are used for fix the torn hymen. This is also a non-invasive process, which is more comfortable and has a shorter recovery period.
Vaginoplasty – In this approach, the surgeon will tighten the vaginal tissue to create a healed hymen.
Both these alternatives do not deliver an un-ruptured hymen, but you will get a tightened vaginal opening.