Average Tooth Cavities cost in Turkey?
|Tooth Cavities in Turkey
||Cost in USD
Tooth Cavities cost in Istanbul $500.
Tooth Cavities cost in Antalya $550.
Tooth Cavities cost in Ankara $550.
Tooth Cavities cost in Izmir $600.
Who can have dental caries?
Almost all people of all ages can have dental caries or tooth decay. This is one of the most common health problems these days. In children, it is classified as early childhood caries or nursing bottle caries based on the age of the child.
What are the treatment options available for dental caries in Turkey?
● Tooth fillings
● Dental crown
● Root canal treatment
● Dealing with pain with OTC(over the counter) drugs or medications
● Initial prevention of caries through pit and fissure sealant and fluoride application
What are the symptoms of a tooth cavity?
- Sensitivity to cold or hot food and liquids
- Pain at the later stages of dental caries
- Hole in the tooth
- The opaque white or black stain in your tooth.
This is why a visit to your dentist at least twice a year is required. As your dentist can only identify the type of black stains which can turn into initial caries.
What are the causes of tooth cavities?
Dental caries or teeth cavities are caused by a sticky white substance called plaque. It gets deposited on your tooth surface and accelerates the formation of a cavity. The factors which play an important role in teeth cavity formation are-
- Bacteria in your mouth
- Food particles
- Acid formed as the reaction byproduct between food particles and bacteria.
This is why regular brushing and flossing are necessary. The plaque material sticks onto the teeth’ surface and causes erosion of the upper enamel layer of your teeth. Enamel is considered a hard, protective layer on the tooth surface. When the enamel layer gets dissolves, the tooth becomes more cares prone.
What are the risk factors that increase the chances of cavity formation?
Almost everyone is prone to cavity formation. Some people are more prone than others.
It depends on multiple factors like
- Poor oral hygiene
- Improper brushing technique
- Frequency of having sugary food
- Lack of proper brushing can lead to food deposition in between teeth and at the deep grooves and fissures present at the larger molar teeth.
- Lack of fluoride in toothpaste.
- GERD or Gastroesophageal Reflux disease in which the stomach acid can increase the erosion of your teeth enamel. Hence the chances of developing caries increase.
- Eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia.
Treatment options available for dental caries in Turkey?
When you visit your dentist for the consultation, tell your doctor about the symptoms you are feeling with respect to that teeth. You can describe the pain, type, and intensity of pain, sensitivity in the teeth. Your dentist can identify the reason after having a thorough check-up of your mouth. Sometimes the tooth cavities can not be identified easily only by clinical examination or looking at your teeth. In this case, your dentist might advise you to go for an x-ray of your teeth.
Your doctor will determine what treatment you should go for, based on the severity of caries.
- Dental filling or restoration- fillings are made up of various materials like tooth-colored composite restoration, GIC(glass ionomer cement), silver-colored amalgam restoration. Here your Turkish dentist will remove the decayed portion of your tooth and fill it with the filling material.
- Fluoride treatment- if your dental cavity is in the initial stage, fluoride application can reverse caries. It can be applied in the form of gel, varnish, liquid, and in a foam tray. The professionally applied fluoride is more effective rather than fluoride present in drinking water or in toothpaste.
- Crowns- this is a custom fit structure that mimics the appearance and function of the tooth crown. It can be made with metal, porcelain fused to metal, ceramic, or zirconia. Your doctor will remove the decayed portion of your tooth before restoring the crown and place the crown according to the measurement.
- Root canal treatment- this is considered the last step to save your decayed teeth. If caries involves the innermost layer of your tooth (pulp), your dentist might suggest you go for root canal treatment. In this procedure all the infected nerves, blood vessels, and pulp tissue will be removed from the teeth and medication will be kept inside the canal of the roots if necessary. Finally, the pulp will be replaced by a filling or restorative material.
What are the options for dealing with the pain till you get your dentist’s appointment in Turkey?
Your medical personnel will guide you throughout the process of getting the treatment in Turkey. They will help you from the minute before you come to Turkey. You can arrange teleconsultation with your Turkish doctor. Your doc will prescribe you some pain relievers based on your clinical details. You can also ask if you can take OTC (over-the-counter) anesthetic gel if necessary.
What are the instructions you should follow after getting your treatment done in Turkey?
- Your Turkish doc will provide you with some written instructions on how to take care of your oral hygiene, if necessary.
- In Turkey, all the medical personnel including the dental surgeons are really dedicated to patient care.
- You should follow proper brushing techniques.
- Brush twice daily and try to floss at least once daily.
- Limit the intake of sugary items.
- Rinse your mouth properly after having every meal.
- Try to avoid eating junk foods, soda, beverages, and refined carbohydrates.
- Reduce the frequency of having snacks in between meals
What are the complications of dental decay?
- Continuous tooth pain
- Difficulty in chewing food
- Chances of broken tooth
- Increased risk of infection, pus discharge
- If left untreated, it can be a threat to your overall health like septicemia.
Why choose Turkey over other countries for dental treatments?
As Turkey is having a fair share of history along with its diverse landscape, you will find almost all the trappings for a great holiday. In Turkey, more than enough reasons are there to occupy your time and to recuperate after the treatment. Patients from all over the world like the UK, Germany, France, the USA, and the Middle East are also coming for dental treatments in Turkey these days as it has become a viable option for dental tourism.
In Turkey, you will receive treatment quality assurance from qualified and experienced practitioners. And even if you are thinking about the cost factor, Turkey is a good option for that too. Moreover in case of accommodation and transportation also, you will stay ahead if you have opted for Turkey.
What are the places where you can go for dental filling in turkey?
What are the prices of dental filling in TURKEY?
The cost of any surgery can depend on various factors. It might depend on the available equipment for performing the restorative treatment or it can also vary based on the experience of your dental surgeon. Mostly it depends on the extent of work that needs to be done in your mouth. After a thorough consultation, your surgeon will estimate a price based on your oral hygiene.
How to choose doctors in Turkey if you want to go for a treatment procedure for dental cavities?
You can go through the reviews of those who have already been through gum disease treatment procedures in multiple medical forums and if you are worried about some negative review, you can always consult with your doctor about the matter.
- Look for the experience of dental surgeons and positive patient stories.
- You can also look for the success rate of restorative treatments done by your dentists.
Who are the best doctors for performing dental restorations in turkey?
Well-experienced and board-certified general dental surgeons along with endodontists or root canal specialists can perform the procedure. And make sure to check the accreditation of the hospital or the dental office from where you are getting your dental filling done.
Can you get insurance or compensation for any botched-up cases in Turkey?
Generally, any kind of botched-up case is very much unlike to happen in Turkey. Botched-up cases will be considered under medical negligence. You don’t have to invest more money to rectify the problem as you can report these cases under the medical law in Turkey and they will help you out in these cases.
Do you feel that the cost is way out of your budget? Are you looking for insurance?
In general, dental treatments are not covered by dental insurance in recent times. You can consult with your financial advisor related to the matter and explore the possibilities along with your dental surgeon. Though nowadays EMI facilities are available in some financial agencies. Even after that, you are feeling it’s difficult for you to avail yourself of the insurance, you can always ask your doctor to write one letter to your insurer describing the importance of this surgery on your overall health as well in your life.
Even after going through this article, if you are confused about going through the restorative treatment for tooth cavities in Turkey, you can ask your queries through the online chat option on the toll-free number. We will always be happy to be there with you.