Average Periodontal Gum Surgery cost in Turkey?
|Periodontal Gum Surgery in Turkey
||Cost in USD
Periodontal Gum Surgery cost in Istanbul $600.
Periodontal Gum Surgery cost in Antalya $650.
Periodontal Gum Surgery cost in Ankara $650.
Periodontal Gum Surgery cost in Izmir $700.
What does Periodontal Or Gum Surgery do?
- It can remove the tartar and harmful bacteria beneath the gum line.
- It can prevent further gum damage and helps in the fast healing of the gum tissues.
- Helps in easy cleaning your teeth.
- Reshapes the bone and surrounding structures that support your teeth.
What are the different types of surgical options available for periodontal surgery or gum surgery in Turkey?
There are a number of surgical options available for gum surgery. Your dentist will determine which one will be good for you based on your needs.
- FLAP SURGERY- in this procedure your dental surgeon will make a small cut on your gum tissue and lift the section of tissue without causing any damage to it.
Then they clean the tartar and bacterial deposits below the gum. The gums are stitched back into place. The healthy gum tissue will grow firmly around the teeth and now it will be easier for you to clean your teeth as well as your gums.
- LASER GUM SURGERY- in recent times there is no such evidence that can fully support laser surgery but still, some dental surgeons use Laser therapy for the reduction of gum pockets or periodontal pockets between the tooth and gum tissue.
- CROWN LENGTHENING- in case of severely attired tooth structure, your dental surgeon will remove some of the surrounding gum tissues along with a little amount of bone to make the crown a little longer.
- BONE GRAFTING or OSSEOUS SURGERY- if the gum disease or periodontal disease has affected the bone surrounding your teeth, then your dentist might remove some of these damaged bones and replace them with other bone grafts. The bone grafts might be some parts of your own bone, synthetic bone, or donated bone. After this surgery, your bone will heal faster and your teeth will get their support back.
- GINGIVECTOMY and GINGIVOPLASTY- to treat the gummy smile, your surgeon might choose these minor surgical options. Here the excess amount of gum tissue will be removed through laser or by scalpel called a gingivectomy. Even after going through the procedure, if you are not satisfied with the way your gum looks, you can go for Gingivoplasty or gum tissue reshaping procedure.
Who is a good candidate for gum surgery or periodontal surgery?
- If you have inflamed (red) swollen gums
- Gums that are receding from your teeth
- Pain while chewing
- Bad breath
- Loose teeth
- Deep pockets that form between your teeth and gums.
- Bleeding from gums while brushing
If you are suffering from a milder form of gum disease i.e. gingivitis, then your dental surgeon might recommend a conservative form of treatment i.e. subgingival scaling or cleaning of the gum tissues.
What are the risk factors for developing severe gum disease?
- smoking, which is one of the biggest risk factors for periodontitis
- hormonal changes in women (such as when menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause occurs)
- conditions that impact your immune systems, like HIV.
- medications that reduce the flow of saliva in your mouth
- poor nutrition, including a deficiency in vitamin C
- Type 2 diabetes
What are the tests you should go for before undergoing a gum surgery or periodontal surgery treatment procedure?
Before this cosmetic surgery, your surgeon will evaluate all the following points
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Full mouth X-ray or OPG(orthopantomogram)
- CT scan to evaluate the quality of remaining bone level.
After getting confirmation from the lab reports and medical examination that you are undergoing gum surgery or periodontal surgery, your dental surgeon or medical personnel will guide you and your family about the Dos and Don’ts before surgery.
What are the precautions you should take before undergoing periodontal surgery?
- Consult all your queries related to the procedure with your surgeons and clear your doubts.
- Make sure you inform all your past and present medical history to your doctor.
- If you are prone to some allergic reactions or you are taking any herbal supplements, you need to mention that too.
- If you are under any medications especially on blood thinners like aspirin or some NSAIDs like ibuprofen, naproxen you should inform your doc and stop or adjust the dosage of those medications before surgery according to your physician’s advice.
- If you are anemic, you should start having iron supplements before you go for surgery.
- Avoid smoking or drinking before 24 hrs of surgery.
- Your dental surgeon might advise you on some antibiotic medications before the surgery to reduce the bacterial load and to reduce the risk of developing an infection.
After getting confirmation from the lab reports and medical examination that you are undergoing periodontal or gum surgery, your surgeon or medical personnel will guide you and your family about the Dos and Don’ts before surgery.
Is gum surgery painful?
To undergo periodontal or gum surgery, your dental personnel in Turkey will escort you into the procedure room. The whole procedure will be done under the effect of local anesthesia which will make the area numb. Hence you will not feel any pain during the procedure. Though in some cases this surgery can be performed under general anesthesia if necessary. But it’s not recommended due to the risks associated with general anesthesia.
How much time will it take to heal completely?
1 – 2 weeks is necessary for complete healing of the surgical wound. Though it depends on the overall health of the patient as sometimes it might take one year or so.
When can you go home after getting your periodontal or gum surgery done in Turkey?
You will be allowed to go home on the very same day once the surgery is done. In Turkey, your dental surgeon along with the dental personnel will shift you to the recovery room and keep you under observation for an hour or two to avoid any after-procedure complications. There should be someone to take you home after the procedure. You are not advised to drive alone.
What are the after procedure instructions you need to follow once you head to your hometown from Turkey?
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- You should floss regularly
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal
- Do not miss those follow-up visits.
- Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash which can reduce the overall plaque buildup and reduce the bacterial load. Hence fewer chances of infection during the recovery period.
- Avoid smoking for a faster healing process.
- You should not brush or floss specifically to that area until your dentist asks you to do it. Before healing, if you do so, it can open the wound and cause infection.
- Do not perform any heavy exercise or strenuous activity without medical supervision.
- You can take OTC (OVER THE COUNTER) pain medications if it is necessary after consulting with your dental surgeon.
- Take all the medications including antibiotics prescribed by your doc.
- Try to avoid junk foods and have a healthy diet.
What kind of foods can you have right after undergoing periodontal surgery or gum surgery in Turkey?
Avoid eating hard and hot foods or liquids for a few weeks and try to take soft and cold foods as hard food can cause irritation to that area. You can have
- Mashed potato
- Soft cheese
- Ice cream
- Soft bread with scrambled egg
- Cold condensed milk
Why choose Turkey over other countries for dental treatments?
As Turkey is having a fair share of history along with its diverse landscape, you will find almost all the trappings for a great holiday. In Turkey, more than enough reasons are there to occupy your time and to recuperate after the treatment. Patients from all over the world like the UK, Germany, France, the USA, and the Middle East are also coming for dental treatments in Turkey these days as it has become a viable option for dental tourism.
In Turkey, you will receive treatment quality assurance from qualified and experienced practitioners. And even if you are thinking about the cost factor, Turkey is a good option for that too. Moreover in case of accommodation and transportation also, you will stay ahead if you have opted for Turkey.
What are the places where you can go for gum surgery in turkey?
Among these Ankara and Eskisehir are the popular places in Turkey to go for gum surgery. Ankara, being Turkey’s capital and second biggest city in the whole of Turkey, will provide you with all the charms you need to enjoy in Turkey.
What are the prices of gum surgery in Turkey?
The cost of any surgery can depend on various factors. It might depend on the available equipment for performing the gum surgery or it can also vary based on the experience of your dental surgeon. Mostly it depends on the extent of work that needs to be done in your mouth. After a thorough consultation, your surgeon will estimate a price based on your oral hygiene.
How to choose doctors in Turkey if you want to go for a treatment procedure for gum disease?
- You can go through the reviews of those who have already been through gum disease treatment procedures in multiple medical forums and if you are worried about some negative review, you can always consult with your doctor about the matter.
- Look for the experience of dental surgeons and positive patient stories.
- You can also look for the success rate of gum disease treatments done by your surgeon.
Who are the best doctors for performing gum disease treatment in turkey?
Well-experienced and board-certified general dental surgeons along with periodontists can perform the procedure. And make sure to check the accreditation of the hospital or the dental office from where you are getting your periodontal or gum surgery treatment procedure done.
Any botched-up cases of gum surgery or periodontal surgery treatment in Turkey?
To date, no such cases have been reported here in Turkey, as dentists are way more skilled and experienced. But to avoid these kinds of cases, you should choose your surgeon carefully.
Can you get insurance or compensation for any botched-up cases in Turkey?
Generally, any kind of botched-up case is very much unlike to happen in Turkey. Botched-up cases will be considered under medical negligence. You don’t have to invest more money to rectify the problem as you can report these cases under the medical law in Turkey and they will help you out in these cases.
Do you feel that the cost is way out of your budget? Are you looking for insurance?
In general, dental treatments are not covered by dental insurance in recent times. You can consult with your financial advisor related to the matter and explore the possibilities along with your dental surgeon. Though nowadays EMI facilities are available in some financial agencies. Even after that, you are feeling it’s difficult for you to avail yourself of the insurance, you can always ask your doctor to write one letter to your insurer describing the importance of this surgery on your overall health as well in your life.
Even after going through this article, if you are confused about going through gum surgery in Turkey, you can ask your queries through the online chat option on the toll-free number. We will always be happy to be there with you.