Average Gum Disease cost in Turkey?
|Gum Disease in Turkey
||Cost in USD
Gum Disease cost in Istanbul $600.
Gum Disease cost in Antalya $700.
Gum Disease cost in Ankara $750.
Gum Disease cost in Izmir $700.
What are the gum diseases that can affect your oral health?
- GINGIVITIS- It is inflammation of the gum, caused by bacterial infection. It is considered to be the early stage of gum disease. You should visit your dentist in this early stage which can prevent further gum disease progression and can save your teeth.
- PERIODONTITIS-It is a severe form of gum infection that can eventually destroy your teeth and bone.
What are the treatment options available in Turkey for gum diseases?
The ultimate goal is to treat the gum infection and only your dentist can suggest to you which treatment will be necessary for you and why.
- Deep cleaning- your dentist will suggest you go for subgingival scaling i.e scaling or cleaning has been done below the gum level. It will remove all the deposits and tartar below the gumline which provides a smooth surface for the gum tissue to reattach itself along with the tooth.
- Medication- your dental surgeon might prescribe you a few oral medications that you take by swallowing as a part of the treatment procedure.
- Antibiotic or antiseptic gel- you can apply this gel after the thorough cleaning of your gums to control the bacterial load.
- Antibiotic chip and oral microspheres- these can be placed inside the gum pockets of your gum which can directly act on those harmful bacteria
- Oral enzyme suppressants can be used to block certain enzymes in your mouth which are responsible for gum tissue destruction.
- Gum grafting is a simple surgical procedure to save your teeth from gum recession. Gum recession is the process in which the tissue surrounding the tooth structure pulls away from the teeth and leads to exposure of the root surface.
What are the symptoms you can suffer from if you have gum disease?
- Bleeding from gums while brushing
- Bad breath
- Swollen gums
- Red inflamed gum line
- Receding gums
- Tartar and plaque buildup along the gum line or below the gum
- pain while chewing
- Loose tooth and eventually tooth loss
What are the other signs through which you will know that you are suffering from gum disease?
- Sensitive teeth- if a glass of cold drink or a scoop of ice cream can make you wince, then you may be suffering from periodontitis. Your gums as well the bone on which your teeth are lying can become very weak and gum tissue might get loose which can cause the gum recession or pull-down of gum lining. Gum recession leads to exposure of the dentin layer of the root surface and you feel sensitivity.
- Gums get smaller- when your teeth look larger, and your gum looks smaller. There is a chance that your gums are not growing or it has lost their healing property and it is getting shrunk over time.
- Wiggly teeth- if you feel that your teeth are getting loose, it indicates that you are suffering from severe periodontitis.
What are the risk factors for developing severe gum disease?
- smoking, which is one of the biggest risk factors for periodontitis
- hormonal changes in women (such as when menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause occurs)
- conditions that impact your immune systems, like HIV.
- medications that reduce the flow of saliva in your mouth
- poor nutrition, including a deficiency in vitamin C
- Type 2 diabetes
What are the after procedure instructions you need to follow once you head to your hometown from Turkey?
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- You should floss regularly
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal
- Do not miss those follow-up visits.
- Avoid eating hard and hot foods or liquids for a few weeks and try to take soft and cold foods as head food can cause irritation to that area.
- Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash which can reduce the overall plaque buildup and reduce the bacterial load. Hence fewer chances of infection during the recovery period.
- Avoid smoking for a faster healing process.
- You should not brush or floss specifically to that area until your dentist asks you to do it. Before healing, if you do so, it can open the wound and cause infection.
- Do not perform any heavy exercise or strenuous activity without medical supervision.
- You can take OTC (OVER THE COUNTER) pain medications if it is necessary after consulting with your dental surgeon.
- Take all the medications including antibiotics prescribed by your doc.
Why should you consider Turkey as an option for getting your gum disease treatment done?
In Turkey, you will get the quality treatment assured by a knowledgeable and experienced practitioner with an affordable budget. In Turkey, you will get dental labs equipped with advanced, modern technology along with the latest imaging techniques.
You can take an informed decision about your treatment as Turkish doctors and medical personnel will assist you to clear all your queries related to the treatment procedure.
On the other hand, Turkey is considered a popular holiday destination along with natural beauty including pine forests, coastlines, and ancient architecture. Moreover, the urban life of ISTANBUL will be a great attraction for the party-loving people.
What are the places in TURKEY you should opt for smile design?
- ESKISEHIR are the locations in turkey, which you can opt for quality care gum disease treatment.
How to choose doctors in Turkey if you want to go for a treatment procedure for gum disease?
- You can go through the reviews of those who have already been through gum disease treatment procedures in multiple medical forums and if you are worried about some negative review, you can always consult with your doctor about the matter.
- Look for the experience of dental surgeons and positive patient stories.
- You can also look for the success rate of gum disease treatments done by your surgeon.
Who are the best doctors for performing gum disease treatment in turkey?
Well-experienced and board-certified general dental surgeons along with periodontists can perform the procedure. And make sure to check the accreditation of the hospital or the dental office from where you are getting your gum disease treatment procedure done.
Any botched-up cases of gum disease treatment in TURKEY?
To date, no such cases have been reported here in Turkey, as dentists are way more skilled and experienced. But to avoid these kinds of cases, you should choose your surgeon carefully.
Can you get any insurance of compensation for any botched up cases?
Generally any kind of botched up cases are very much unlike to happen in Turkey. Botched up cases will be considered under medical negligence. You don’t have to invest more money to rectify the problem as you can report these cases under the medical law in Turkey and they will help you out in this cases.
Do you feel that the cost is way out of your budget? Are you looking for insurance?
In general, dental treatments are not covered by dental insurance in recent times. You can consult with your financial advisor related to the matter and explore the possibilities along with your dental surgeon. Though nowadays EMI facilities are available in some financial agencies. Even after that, you are feeling it’s difficult for you to avail yourself of the insurance, you can always ask your doctor to write one letter to your insurer describing the importance of this surgery on your mental health as well in your life.