Dr Stanley Khainga Nairobi
Dr Khainga is one of the top plastic surgeons and consultant in the country. He is the chairman of the Kenya Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons(KSPRAS) and also a lecturer and thematic head of the Plastic Surgery Unit at the Department of Surgery, University of Nairobi.
He mainly operates at the Aga Khan University Hospital, Kenyatta National Hospital and Nairobi Hospital.
Clinical duties in Plastic Surgery Unit
– Teaching both Post and
– Curriculum development for Mmed
Plastic Surgery and MBChB
– Conduct and supervision of
examinations for post &
– Coordinator for BDS and MDS
programs at the Department of
– Panelist in interviews for
recruitment of MMed students,
tutorial fellows and lecturers in the
Department of Surgery.
OTHER POSITIONS HELD:
1. Secretary General, Kenya Society of Plastic & Reconstructive
2. Chairman Prof. Pratt Foundation Kenya Chapter
3. KMA Council member
4. President Pan African Association of Plastic Surgeons, Kenya Chapter
5. Coordinator Healing the Children Plastic and Reconstructive Project
6. Acting Chairman, Department of Surgery, UON
7. Chairman Kenya Society of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic
8. College of Health Sciences representative of University Academic
Staff Union for 4 terms
9. Vice Chairman of University Academic Staff Union – Nairobi
10.Chairman of Multidisciplinary Committee for Head and Neck and
Reconstructive Surgery at KNH.
11.Chairman Kenya Society of Microvascular Surgeons.
12. Member of School Board, Matioli High School Kakamega.
CURRENT ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES INVOLVED IN:-
Ongoing Curricula Review for Mmed General Surgery and MMed
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (currently awaiting Senate
Annual training in Microvascular surgery under Prof. Pratt Foundation.
Setting up of pedicle and microvascular flaps laboratory at the Human
Anatomy Department UON.
Part-time visiting lecturer National University of Rwanda.
Coordinator of memorandum of understanding in training of Plastic
Surgeons between University of Nairobi & University of Cincinnatti
Coordinator of memorandum of understanding in training of plastic
surgeons between University of Nairobi and University of Limpopo.
Pursuing diploma in wound management under University of Toronto
Written teaching manual for undergraduate students in Plastic &
Reconstructive Surgery UON Practical.
Written a practical teaching manual for microvascular surgery U.O.N –
External Examiner and examination moderator for Moi University from
2010 for three consecutive years
Provisional Thematic Head of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of
Nairobi from 2007.
Introduced Negative Pressure Wound Therapy in Kenya and lead
researcher in this technique using various materials from 2006.