Average Dental Bone Grafting cost in Turkey?
|Dental Bone Grafting in Turkey
||Cost in USD
Dental Bone Grafting cost in Istanbul $400.
Dental Bone Grafting cost in Antalya $450.
Dental Bone Grafting cost in Ankara $550.
Dental Bone Grafting cost in Izmir $600.
What is the procedure for getting dental bone grafting surgery in Turkey?
- Your dentist will perform the whole procedure under local anesthesia. You will not feel any pain during the surgery. You might feel a little discomfort after the anesthesia effect wears off.
- If the graft has been taken from your own body, you might experience a bit more pain and discomfort as surgery will be done in two places of your body. Though the bone is small enough in this procedure, a brief discomfort you might feel.
What is done in dental bone grafting surgery?
In this surgical procedure, the required amount of bone is taken from somewhere and surgically it is fused to the existing bone. A dental bone graft is used for
- increasing the bone density to place an implant
- Or if the bone loss is affecting the health of nearby gums and teeth.
What type of bone grafts can be used in dental procedures in Turkey?
- Autograft- your dentist will use your bone from the hipbone, tibia, or the back of the jaw and place it in the required area.
- Allograft- here a donor’s bone will be used instead of your bone.
- Xenograft- bony fragments from different species can be used.
- Alloplast- the synthetic bony material is used here. e.g. bio glass.
Though alloplastic bone graft is the most commonly used graft material for a dental bone graft.
Are you a good candidate for a dental bone graft?
- Those who want to have implants for missing teeth but don’t have sufficient bone support to hold them.
- A person who is suffering from severe gum disease and there is loss of bone to support the portion of the jaw.
- To avoid the long-term complications due to severe bone loss in the jaw as it might affect the overall health of the person.
- Those whose appearance got affected due to bone loss in the jaw results in wrinkled skin at the corner of the mouth gives an older look
- If a person suffering from any trauma or injury to the jaw bone
- Severe bone loss due to poor oral hygiene maintenance.
Is Dental Bone Grafting surgery painful?
In Turkey, we have advanced imaging technology along with highly skilled and experienced dental surgeons who can provide you with quality dental care almost under your budget. So that you can experience painless dentistry here. Generally, this bone grafting procedure does not involve harvesting your bone. Mostly it is done with synthetic or donated bone. You will not experience that much pain as it will be for a minimal bone grafting procedure.
How to prepare any patient for dental bone grafting surgery?
- Consult all your queries related to the procedure with your surgeons and clear your doubts.
- Make sure you inform all your past and present medical history to your doctor.
- If you are prone to some allergic reactions or you are taking any herbal supplements, you need to mention that too.
- If you are under any medications especially on blood thinners like aspirin or some NSAIDs like ibuprofen, naproxen you should inform your doc and stop or adjust the dosage of those medications before surgery according to your physician’s advice.
- If you are anemic, you should start having iron supplements before you go for surgery.
- Avoid smoking or drinking before 24 hrs. of surgery.
- Your dental surgeon might advise you on some antibiotic medications before the surgery to reduce the bacterial load and to reduce the risk of developing an infection.
- Do not take any food 8-12 hours before the procedure, based on the type of anesthesia you will have.
- You can arrange for some house help if necessary, before the surgery. After the surgery, you might feel a little groggy.
What are the tests you should go for before undergoing a dental bone grafting surgery treatment procedure?
Before this cosmetic surgery, your surgeon will evaluate all the following points
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Full mouth X-ray or OPG(orthopantomogram)
- CT scan to evaluate the quality of remaining bone level.
After getting confirmation from the lab reports and medical examination that you are undergoing dental bone grafting surgery, your surgeon or medical personnel will guide you and your family about the Dos and Don’ts before surgery.
How is bone grafting surgery performed for dental needs in Turkey?
- Your dentist will perform the procedure under the effect of anesthesia.
- Your dental personnel in Turkey will monitor your vital signs and keep it updated with the dental
- The dental personnel will clean the area which needs to be operated on.
- A precise cut will be placed on the gum tissue of the affected area and then your doc will separate the gum from the underlying bone.
- The dentist will place the bone in between two sections of the bone which need to grow together.
- Finally, the bone graft will be secured in place with special screws or adhesive membrane.
- After that, your dentist will stitch back the tissue in place.
What are the side effects you might face after the dental bone grafting surgery in Turkey?
- Sudden minor bleeding
- Difficulty in chewing food and speaking
- Swelling over the area
Other than these, you might face
- Nerve injury
- Blood clot formation
- Rejection of the bone graft and
- Complications related to anesthesia effect.
When should you reach out to your doctor after the dental bone grafting surgery?
- If you feel that pain persists for a long time even after taking pain relief medications [prescribed by your doc.
- Numbness and tingling sensation around the area.
- Redness and swelling in the area
What are the instructions you need to follow during the recovery period?
- Your dental surgeon will keep the gauze in the surgical area of your mouth.
- The medical personnel in Turkey will give you instructions for changing the gauze dressing within 24 hours.
- After the surgery, you can use an ice pack over the area for 1-2 days to reduce the swelling.
- You should keep your head slightly elevated for the first night or two. This is required to avoid the pooling of blood over the area
How much time will it take to heal completely?
1 – 2 weeks is necessary for complete healing of the surgical wound. Though it depends on the overall health of the patient as sometimes it might take one year or so.
When can you go home after dental bone grafting surgery?
You will be allowed to go home on the very same day once the surgery is done. In Turkey, your dental surgeon along with the dental personnel will shift you to the recovery room and keep you under observation for an hour or two to avoid any after-procedure complications. There should be someone to take you home after the procedure. You are not advised to drive alone.
Why choose Turkey over other countries for dental treatments?
As Turkey is having a fair share of history along with its diverse landscape, you will find almost all the trappings for a great holiday. In Turkey, more than enough reasons are there to occupy your time and to recuperate after the treatment. Patients from all over the world like the UK, Germany, France, the USA, and the Middle East are also coming for dental treatments in Turkey these days as it has become a viable option for dental tourism.
In Turkey, you will receive treatment quality assurance from qualified and experienced practitioners. And even if you are thinking about the cost factor, Turkey is a good option for that too. Moreover in case of accommodation and transportation also, you will stay ahead if you have opted for Turkey. Apart from that in Turkey, a 3-D Tomography device enables one to view the jaw and bone density in every place of the jaw from every possible angle. This helps your surgeon to take a reasonable decision related to your treatment planning.
What are the places where you can go for getting quality dental bone graft surgery in turkey?
Among these Ankara and Eskisehir are the popular places in Turkey to go for dental bone grafts.
What are the prices of dental bone graft surgery in TURKEY?
The cost of any surgery can depend on various factors. It might depend on the available equipment for performing the dental bone graft surgery or it can also vary based on the experience of your dental surgeon. Mostly it depends on the extent of work that needs to be done in your mouth. After a thorough consultation, your surgeon will estimate a price based on your oral hygiene.
What are the after procedure instructions you need to follow once you head to your hometown from Turkey?
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- You should floss regularly
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal
- Do not miss those follow-up visits.
- Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash which can reduce the overall plaque buildup and reduce the bacterial load. Hence fewer chances of infection during the recovery period.
- Avoid smoking for a faster healing process.
- You should not brush or floss specifically to that area until your dentist asks you to do it. Before healing, if you do so, it can open the wound and cause infection.
- Do not perform any heavy exercise or strenuous activity without medical supervision.
- You can take OTC (OVER THE COUNTER) pain medications if it is necessary after consulting with your dental
- Take all the medications including antibiotics prescribed by your doc.
What kind of foods can you have right after undergoing dental bone grafting surgery in Turkey?
Avoid eating hard and hot foods or liquids for a few weeks and try to take soft and cold foods as hard food can irritate that area. You can have
- Mashed potato
- Soft cheese
- Ice cream
- Soft bread with scrambled egg
- Cold condensed milk
How to choose doctors in Turkey if you want to go for a treatment procedure for dental bone grafting surgery?
You can go through the reviews of those who have already been through gum disease treatment procedures in multiple medical forums and if you are worried about some negative review, you can always consult with your doctor about the matter.
- Look for the experience of dental surgeons and positive patient stories.
- You can also look for the success rate of dental bone grafts done by your surgeon.
Who are the best doctors for performing dental bone grafts in turkey?
Well-experienced and board-certified general dental surgeons along with periodontists can perform the procedure. And make sure to check the accreditation of the hospital or the dental office from where you are getting your bone grafting surgery done.
Any botched-up cases of dental bone grafting surgery treatment in TURKEY?
To date, no such cases have been reported here in Turkey, as dentists are way more skilled and experienced. But to avoid these kinds of cases, you should choose your surgeon carefully.
Can you get insurance or compensation for any botched-up cases in TURKEY?
Generally, any kind of botched-up case is very much unlike to happen in Turkey. Botched-up cases will be considered under medical negligence. You don’t have to invest more money to rectify the problem as you can report these cases under the medical law in Turkey and they will help you out in these cases.
Do you feel that the cost is way out of your budget? Are you looking for insurance?
In general, dental treatments are not covered by dental insurance in recent times. You can consult with your financial advisor related to the matter and explore the possibilities along with your dental surgeon. Though nowadays EMI facilities are available in some financial agencies. Even after that, you are feeling it’s difficult for you to avail yourself of the insurance, you can always ask your doctor to write one letter to your insurer describing the importance of this surgery on your overall health as well in your life. If your insurance company provides coverage also, it will bear a partial amount of its budget. So make sure you read the details and go for it.
Even after going through this article, if you are confused about going through a dental bone graft in Turkey, you can ask your queries through the online chat option on the toll-free number. We will always be happy to be there with you.