Average Apicoectomy cost in Turkey?
|Apicoectomy in Turkey
||Cost in USD
Apicoectomy cost in Istanbul $500.
Apicoectomy cost in Antalya $550.
Apicoectomy cost in Ankara $550.
Apicoectomy cost in Izmir $600.
What is an apicoectomy?
It is a minor surgical procedure in dentistry to save the teeth at risk and to prevent further serious complications which can arise from that tooth.
What is the procedure of getting an apicoectomy done in Turkey?
As apicoectomy is a surgical procedure including the removal of the root tip of the infected tooth, it needs a lot of precision in the process. Turkey is considered the hub of advanced dental equipment and technologies, thus this is the best place to get an apicoectomy done.
- First, local anesthesia is given to numb the area.
- Then a precise incision or cut is placed on the gum and the flap(gum tissue) is raised to reach the root end or apex of the tooth.
- A few millimeters of root from the root tip are removed to prevent further infection.
- The root canal inside the tooth is thoroughly cleaned and sealed with filling materials (root-end filling materials).
- Your dentist will take an X-ray of that tooth after the procedure to make sure that there should not be any space left from where infection can spread to the area.
- The gum tissue will be stitched back to the area and healthy bone will fill slowly around the root tip.
What is to be done in root-end resection surgery?
In this procedure, the root end or the apex of the infected teeth is removed along with the surrounding infected tissue area.
Which are the ideal cases for doing apicoectomy?
- Previously root canal treated teeth which are having a recurrent infection, affecting the jaw bone and surrounding area.
- In case of crowding near the infected root tip
- To prevent the tooth from complete removal or extraction as an apicoectomy will be the last option of your dentist to save the tooth.
Will the root end resection procedure be painful?
Though the procedure will be performed under the effect of local anesthesia, the procedure will be more painful in comparison to the root canal procedure.
The recovery time will be more. You might feel a little bit of pain after your anesthesia wears off. But the pain will be reduced drastically right after the apicoectomy procedure. Hence you can avoid the need of taking pain medications.
You can take OTC(over-the-counter) pain relief medications after consultation with your dentists.
What are the complications of the APICOECTOMY procedure you might face?
- Mild pain
- Minor swelling around the area
- The discomfort you might feel once the anesthetic effect wears off.
What are the after procedure instructions you need to follow once you head to your hometown from Turkey?
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- You should floss regularly
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal
- Do not miss those follow-up visits.
- Avoid eating hard and hot foods or liquids for a few weeks and try to take soft and cold foods as head food can irritate that area.
- Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash which can reduce the overall plaque buildup and reduce the bacterial load. Hence fewer chances of infection during the recovery period.
- Avoid smoking for a faster healing process.
- You should follow all the post-procedure instructions given by your dentist to maintain the apicoectomy for a longer duration. In Turkey, experienced medical and dental personnel will help you during the follow-up visits and will answer all your queries related to the procedure.
What are the DOs and DON’Ts you need to follow after apicoectomy endodontic surgery?
You should not brush or floss specifically to that area until your dentist asks you to do it. Before healing, if you do so, it can open the wound and cause infection.
- Do not perform any heavy exercise or strenuous activity without medical supervision.
- You can take OTC (OVER THE COUNTER) pain medications if it is necessary after consulting with your dental surgeon.
- Take all the medications including antibiotics prescribed by your doc.
How much time will the root resection surgery take?
It will take almost 30- 90 minutes based on the curvature and location of the root structure. If the root tip is curved enough and access to the area is poor for the dentist, it might take longer than the estimated time.
When can a patient resume their daily activities after getting APICOECTOMY in Turkey?
Within a day or two, the patient can start regular activities.
When will the stitches be removed after the APICOECTOMY procedure?
Seven days after the surgery, the stitches will be removed.
Is reinfection possible even after performing APICOECTOMY?
Rare infection and nerve damage can happen though these are very unlikely to happen in the APICOECTOMY procedure.
What will happen in failed apicoectomy?
- If after performing the surgery, it doesn’t heal properly.
- If the reinfection happens even after performing APICOECTOMY.
- If the root-end filling is not intact, recurrence of infection can happen as the infection will leak back from the end of the tooth root.
How to choose doctors in Turkey if you want to go for root-end removal surgery?
You can go through the reviews of those who have already been through apicoectomy surgery procedures in multiple medical forums and if you are worried about some negative review, you can always consult with your doctor about the matter.
- Look for the experience of dental surgeons and positive patient stories.
- You can also look for the success rate of apicoectomy done by your surgeon.
Why choose Turkey over other countries for dental treatments?
As Turkey is having a fair share of history along with its diverse landscape, you will find almost all the trappings for a great holiday. In Turkey, more than enough reasons are there to occupy your time and to recuperate after the treatment. Patients from all over the world like the UK, Germany, France, the USA, and the Middle East are also coming for dental treatments in Turkey these days as it has become a viable option for dental tourism.
In Turkey, you will receive treatment quality assurance from qualified and experienced practitioners. And even if you are thinking about the cost factor, Turkey is a good option for that too. Moreover in case of accommodation and transportation also, you will stay ahead if you have opted for Turkey.
What are the places where you can go for Apicoectomy in turkey?
Among these Ankara and Eskisehir are the popular places in Turkey to go for an apicoectomy. Ankara, being Turkey’s capital and second biggest city in the whole of Turkey, will provide you with all the charms you need to enjoy in Turkey. Istanbul is also considered one of the best options for apicoectomy procedures due to its extensive section and availability of high-caliber medical and dental equipment.
Who are the best doctors for performing apicoectomy in turkey?
Well-experienced and board-certified general dental surgeons along with endodontists or root canal specialists can perform the procedure. And make sure to check the accreditation of the hospital or the dental office from where you are getting your apicoectomy procedure done.
Any botched-up cases of apicectomy in TURKEY?
To date, no such cases have been reported here in Turkey, as dentists are way more skilled and experienced. But to avoid these kinds of cases, you should choose your surgeon carefully.
Can you get insurance or compensation for any botched-up cases in TURKEY?
Generally, any kind of botched-up case is very much unlike to happen in Turkey. Botched-up cases will be considered under medical negligence. You don’t have to invest more money to rectify the problem as you can report these cases under the medical law in Turkey and they will help you out in these cases.
Do you feel that the cost is way out of your budget? Are you looking for insurance?
In general, dental treatments are not covered by dental insurance in recent times. You can consult with your financial advisor related to the matter and explore the possibilities along with your dental surgeon. Though nowadays EMI facilities are available in some financial agencies. Even after that, you are feeling it’s difficult for you to avail yourself of the insurance, you can always ask your doctor to write one letter to your insurer describing the importance of this surgery on your overall health. If your insurance company provides coverage also, it will bear a partial amount of its budget. So make sure you read the details and go for it.
Takeaway- if your dental surgeon has advised you to go for an APICOECTOMY, then you should consider it seriously. And if you start delaying getting the treatment, the infection can spread further which might cause serious dental problems.
Even after going through this article, if you are confused about going through apicoectomy in Turkey, you can ask your queries through the online chat option on the toll-free number. We will always be happy to be there with you.