Best Breast Reduction Surgeon in Mumbai
Breast reduction surgery removes excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin to achieve a breast size in proportion with your body.
Things to consider before breast reduction surgery
Some important issues to keep in mind include:
- The procedure can be performed at any age, but is best done when your breasts are fully developed.
- Breast and nipple piercings can cause an infection.
- Breast reduction surgery can interfere with some diagnostic procedures.
- Your ability to breastfeed following breast reduction surgery may be limited. You should talk to your doctor if you are planning to breastfeed a baby in the future.
- Changes in the breasts during pregnancy or significant weight loss or gain can alter the outcomes of previous breast reduction surgery.
- Think about the financial cost. Breast reduction is commonly considered a reconstructive surgical procedure (although there is a cosmetic component to it), so the surgery may be covered by health insurance if it is performed to relieve medical symptoms.
- Smokers are at increased risk of complications. If you are serious about undergoing cosmetic surgery, you should try to quit smoking.
Top Hospitals or Clinics for Breast Reduction in Mumbai:
- Skin and Shape Clinic
- Designer Bodyz
- The Cosmetic Surgery Centre of India Mumbai
- Enhance Aesthetic Clinic Mumbai
- Dr. Viral Desai’s CPLSS Mumbai
- Restore Cosmetic Surgery & Dental Clinic Mumbai
- Clinique Beaute Naturelle – Mumbai India
- La Transformationé Andheri Clinic Mumbai
Top 5 Doctors for Breast Reduction in Mumbai
- Dr Parag Telang
- Dr Anju Methil
- Dr. Quazi Ahmad Mumbai
- Dr Narendra Pandya Mumbai
- Dr Viral Desai
- Dr Manoj Khanna
Breast Reduction Cost in Mumbai
Breast Reduction cost in Mumbai ranges between Rs. 130, 000 to Rs. 150, 000 depending upon the areas being treated and the anesthesia administered.
The cost of Breast Reduction in Mumbai is competitive as there are many centres that provide this surgical procedure at reasonable cost with no compromises made with the quality of the procedure. Price is another aspect which has made Breast Reduction in Mumbai a popular choice.
Breast Reduction cost include:
• The Anaesthesia fees,
• Surgeons fees,
• Surgical facilities fees,
• Medication costs, etc.
How will my plastic surgeon evaluate me for Breast Reduction surgery?
During the initial consultation, we would like to know your concerns like what areas are bothering you and what do you expect. Usually photographs are taken. Examination to determine the areas of fat excess will be conducted.
Your relevant medical history including previous surgeries, past and present medical conditions, allergies and current medications will be asked. High blood pressure, thyroid problems, diabetes, etc. should be reviewed/evaluated by concerned physicians before surgery as these medical conditions may increase some risks associated with surgery.
How Breast Reduction surgery is performed?
During the procedure
The specific technique used to reduce the size of your breasts can vary. The procedure might include:
Surgery through incisions
Liposuction to remove the excess fat in your breasts
The surgeon usually:
- Makes an incision around the areola and down each breast
- Removes excess breast tissue, fat and skin to reduce the size of each breast
- Reshapes the breast and repositions the nipple and areola
The nipple and areola:
- Usually remain attached to the breast
- Might need to be removed and then reattached at a higher position as a skin graft if your breasts are very large
Your surgeon will try to achieve symmetry between your breasts, but some variation in breast size and shape might occur.
- The size of the areola also might be reduced. Your incision scars might fade over time but will never completely disappear.
Generally speaking, you might be considered for breast reduction on the if you have problems caused by having very large breasts, such as:
- shoulder or neck pain
- skin irritation
- rashes and skin infections under the breasts
- grooves on the shoulders from bra straps
- psychological distress, such as low self-esteem or depression
- an inability to exercise or take part in sports
After the procedure – Immediately after surgery:
- Your breasts will be covered with a gauze dressing or bandages
- A tube might be placed under each arm to drain any excess blood or fluid
- You likely will take medication for pain and antibiotics, to decrease your risk of infection
For the first days or week after surgery:
- Your breasts will probably feel tender and sensitive
- Your breasts might be swollen and bruised
- Your surgeon might recommend an elastic compression bra to protect the breasts
- You’ll need to limit physical activity for two to four weeks while the breasts heal.
- Your surgeon might suggest avoiding underwire bras for a few months after surgery
- Scarring usually fades over time.
You will need a follow-up visit with your surgeon to remove stitches and check your recovery.
How painful is a breast reduction?
Breast reduction surgery removes some of the breast tissue and skin from the breasts. This reshapes and lifts the breasts and reduces their size. … You also may feel pulling or stretching in your breast area. Although you may need pain medicine for a week or two, you can expect to feel better and stronger each day.
How long does it take to recover from breast reduction?
two to six weeks – It can take two to six weeks to fully recover from breast reduction surgery. You may need to take a week or two off work and shouldn’t drive for at least a week. The final appearance of your breasts may not be obvious for several weeks or months after the operation.
How dangerous is a breast reduction?
Breast reduction surgery has the same risks as any other type of major surgery bleeding, infection and an adverse reaction to the anesthesia. Other possible risks include: Bruising, which is usually temporary, Scarring.
Issues associated with breast reduction surgery
Before the operation, you need to discuss a range of medical issues with your surgeon including:
Physical health – an examination will help your doctor or surgeon to decide if the treatment is appropriate.
Medical history – some pre-existing medical conditions and surgery you’ve had in the past may influence decisions about this operation, including the type of anaesthetic that is used. You need to tell your surgeon if you have a family history of breast cancer.
Risks and possible complications – it is important that you understand the risks and complications so that you can weigh up whether breast reduction is right for you.
Medications – tell the surgeon about any medications that you take on a regular basis or have recently taken, including over-the-counter preparations like fish oils and vitamin supplements.
Past reactions to drugs – tell the surgeon if you have ever had a bad reaction or a side effect from any drugs including anaesthesia.
Preparation for surgery – the surgeon will give you detailed instructions on what you should do at home to prepare for surgery. For example, you may be advised to take a particular drug or alter the dose of an existing medication. Follow all instructions carefully.
When can I stop wearing a bra after breast reduction surgery?
Do you lose weight after breast reduction?
Can you die from breast reduction surgery?
Is Breast Reduction major surgery?
Can breast grow back after reduction?
How do I know if I need a breast reduction?
Are breast reductions permanent?
At what age can you have a breast reduction?
How long does pain last after breast reduction?
Is breast reduction surgery covered by insurance?
What is the cost of Mamoplasty?
How common is it to undergo breast reduction surgery in India?
What should I wear after breast reduction surgery?
What are the risks of breast reduction surgery?
Can I wear a sports bra after breast reduction?
When can you exercise after breast reduction?
Are you looking for Breast Reduction in Mumbai?
Contact us for all required details,
Call or WhatsApp: +91 8095504033